SEO Code of Ethics
As SEO Code of Ethics lets customers know what boundaries
and guidelines a search engine optimization company will use
(and will not use) to optimized a client's website. A few
companies like ours have developed an SEO Code of Ethics to
assure customers that only white hat techniques are used (and
black hat techniques will not be used).
It's no secret that black hat search engine optimizer can
achieve top rankings for their clients. It is also no secret
that black hats run the risk of getting a client's website
penalized or banned by Google or the other SE's.
By developing, articulating and publishing an SEO Code of
Ethics we want to assure our clients that we will not use
techniques that have the potential to get their sites penalized
or banned. Some of the questionable techniques that we will
not use include, but are not limited to cloaking, redirects
that cheat PR or link partners, or the use of doorway or gateway
By doing Old
School SEO one can be sure that that only best practices
are used to achieve top rankings for client site. Check out
our SEO Code of Ethics listed below to find out how we deliver
top notch client services.
SEO Code of Ethics
1. "First, do no harm" is taught to doctors in
medical school and it is a good rule to follow for SEOs as
2. Will not use any black hat techniques to gain ranking on
behalf of a client.
3. Will not intentionally use any techniques that will get
a client's website penalized or banned by the search engines,
directories or other websites.
4. Will not charge for services not rendered.
5. Will not mislead or offend visitors to client's website
when writing optimized copy for the site.
6. Will not violate the search engines' published terms of
service or webmaster guidelines.
7. Will not violate any state or federal laws including, but
not limited to copyright and trademark infringement.
8. Will not participate in optimizing a website where a conflict
of interest exists with another client's website unless permission
is retained in advance from both websites.
9. Will protect the confidentiality and privileged client
information including signing non-disclosure agreements as
requested by the client.
10. Will complete work as contracted in a timely, efficient
and effective manner.